FAQ for Restoration Services in Kelowna, Vernon & Penticton
When floods, fires and storms affect you and those you love, there’s nothing more valuable than knowing where to turn for help. At Total Restoration Services, we help people in Kelowna, Vernon and Penticton recover from flood, fire and storm damage to their property.
Our customers’ satisfaction and peace of mind comes first. That’s why we’ve put together this list of frequently asked questions; to provide extra value to you in those moments of need.
If you require immediate assistance or have a question not listed here, please contact us directly.
1. Can you help me with insurance claims?
Absolutely. Our licensed technicians and insurance claim specialists help minimize your out-of-pocket costs by working with your insurance company to obtain some coverage for restoration services including flood damage and mold remediation.
Need assistance with your insurance? Contact us today.
2. Water damage – what can I do to help before you get here?
You can help prevent further damage by doing the following:
- Pull up saturated area rugs
- Remove lamps, telephones and other small objects from wet furniture tops
- Place square protector pads under furniture legs to protect the furniture and avoid carpet staining
- Check surrounding rooms for additional water damage
- Steer clear of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water
3. Water damage – what does the restoration process involve?
First, the Total Restoration water damage experts inspect the damaged area and work to stop the water source from creating additional damage. Then they use water extraction machinery to remove any excess water from the site. Once the water is gone, they start the drying process with dehumidifiers and heavy fans. After drying, the air is tested to ensure any mold spores have been removed.
4. Water damage – do I have to keep the drying machines running over night?
For the best and most efficient results, keep the drying machines running until the Total Restoration water damage experts have tested the affected area for mold spores and moisture. It typically takes 3-4 days for the equipment to do its job, which is small time-price to pay in exchange for a mold-less, moisture-less property!
5. Fire damage – does the smell ever really go away?
It takes time, but it is doable. The fire damage experts at Total Restoration execute custom strategies including the removal of drywall and flooring to eliminate fire damage odours.
6. Fire damage – my fire damage is minor. Do I still need professional assistance?
For complete results, consult a fire damage expert before attempting to clean up fire damage yourself. Our experts use industry grade cleaners and equipment to restore property and belonging to the highest quality possible.
7. Fire damage – can I stay at home while it’s being restored?
This depends on a number of factors, including the level of damage and the layout of your home. Work with your insurance provider to assess the best solution for your needs.
8. What services would not be considered under my insurance?
Any construction development unrelated to the water/flood/storm/etc. damage is considered non-insured services. We can provide a separate quote for non-insured work as needed, with separate billing terms and authorization.
Need flood, fire or storm restoration services in Kelowna, Penticton or Vernon?
Contact Total Restoration Services today for immediate assistance.